Great Books!

  • The Pilot's Wife
  • The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
  • The Deep End of the Ocean
  • Like Water For Chocolate
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
  • Wicked
  • Brave New World
  • Fahrenheit 451

Friday, February 01, 2008

Women's Conference Details

http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference/2008/program.cfm
It's $40 for the two day conference being held on Thu and Fri May 1-2, 2008. Kathryn and Courtney offered their parent's homes. Sandy said she could pick up from airport. So far Kathryn and I have bought our tickets and I think Amber is buying hers soon. April is having money troubles but we are praying for her. That's all we've heard from so far.

I arrive in SLC Wed. April 30th at 3 46 pm on Delta. The ticket was 250. I am very excited to go to an awesome conference and also catch up with the ladies and spend some quality time together!
Now my minor depression I've been experiencing is starting to lift because I have this to look forward to, not to mention going to Johannesburg South Africa for a wedding!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow - South Africa for a wedding - awesome! Who is getting married?

If you haven't already, you should read "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" - great books about Botswana (close to S. Africa). Really entertaining and make you really WANT to visit Africa and see it all in person!

Stacy said...

I set up my husband's friend, Jacob, who is South African, with one of my massage students, Stephanie. They hit it off and a year later had bought a house together and got engaged. She asked me to be the matron of honor.
I bought two Books of Mormon translated in Afrikaans to take with me on the trip.

Thanks for the book ideas. I still am an avid reader and haven't heard of them. I've been reading the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series. I'm on book two.

I plan to take tons of pictures. We will be travelling all over South Africa while we are there for nearly a full month.