Great Books!

  • The Pilot's Wife
  • The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
  • The Deep End of the Ocean
  • Like Water For Chocolate
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
  • Wicked
  • Brave New World
  • Fahrenheit 451

Monday, February 18, 2008

Christy Tagged Me

Best thing you cooked last week?

My tuna casserole.


If money, time, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?

I've always wanted to go to The Grand Hotel from the movie, Somewhere in Time. I'm so jealous that Christy has been there! James and I both love that movie and we have said that we will go there someday. Other than that, I just love to travel. I want to go to Japan and I might go to China in April for some massage training. I really want to go to Germany and Wales and travel all over Europe.


When was the last time you cried?

I don't cry often. I teared up a little yesterday after reading some very nice things my sister, Shauna, wrote to me in an email. My last hard cry was about 2 weeks ago after a very bad day at work.

Five things you were doing ten years ago 1998 -

My best friend, Becca, and I moved to Sacramento to finish our Bachelor's degrees. We got our first apartment together. We decided to go out to karaoke and didn't know any clubs in the area, so we chose one called Faces. The minute we walked in we realized it was a gay bar! But we ended up staying and had a fun time with the gay guys who knew all the words to the songs of Les Miserables. I got a massage job working at The Comfort Zone in Roseville as an independent contractor. I became a full time student at CSUS to get my BA in Communication Studies focusing on interpersonal relationships and small group communication. I started attending one of the Sac singles wards and went on the most pathetic date ever with a guy from there!


Five things you were doing five years ago 2003 -

I was dating James and knew I would marry him but he and I were still discussing our religious differences and trying to find a compromise. I was still roommates with Becca but we had moved a few times. I had finished my degree and had worked in Social Work, car insurance, and Earthlink.


Five things you were doing one year ago 2007 -

Starting to work with my doctors to get pregnant. Falling more in love with my dog. Going on a cruise. Planning a baby shower for Becca and getting excited to become an Auntie to Jack.


Seven of your favorite hobbies:

Singing, reading, counted cross stitch, playing piano, shopping.


Five favorite foods:

baked chicken, mashed potatoes, sees' candies, brownies, cheesecake


Five places you've been:

Panama Canal Locks, St. Thomas, Victoria British Columbia, New York City, Cartagena Columbia.


Five favorite memories:

Road trips across the US with my parents, Senior prom night with Amanda & Matt and Scott & I, My Wedding!!, Holding my niece and nephews for the first time, Winning a gold medal in Chicago with my speech and debate team.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe you remembered I'd been to that hotel. I LOVE that movie - maybe I need to order it on Amazon - although the soundtrack is the best part, maybe I'll just get that instead!

I'm jealous that you've been to the Panama Canal!

Stacy said...

If I ever have a girl, I plan to name her McKenna after Jane Seymour's character. I own the DVD and the cd and also the piano sheet music. It's such a great movie!