Great Books!

  • The Pilot's Wife
  • The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
  • The Deep End of the Ocean
  • Like Water For Chocolate
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
  • Wicked
  • Brave New World
  • Fahrenheit 451

Friday, February 29, 2008

Memory Lane Part 2

Christy Here:
Here's some fun things I remember from the good old days - some things I wouldn't have remembered except that I pulled them from a scrapbook/photo album I kept (including the pictures!):

*Going to the New Kids Concert! (click here for more on that....)

*TPing with everyone - especially buying large quantities of TP at Food 4 Less at 11:00 p.m. with Chad and Amanda

*Stake Dances and strategic moves to avoid the lay-ocean (sp?) guys from Fairfield!

*My first Youth Conference - in Provo at BYU - remember the theme... RUE?

*Spraining my ankle on Amber's trampoline... I have this weird memory that the ward missionaries were at her house when it happened, but I'm not sure!

*Riding on countless excursions in the Wells Van....
* A group date with Amanda, Sandy... and sadly enough I can't remember who MY date was... I know Amanda was with Matt, Sandy maybe with AJ???? Who I was with I have NO idea... but Amanda made her Sweet and Sour Chicken and I still make that recipe for my family at least 2 times a month... it's one of our FAVORITES!
*Kissing Rugby at the Jensen's house

*Running Pictionary and Strobe Light Dancing at Amy's House (her brother was ... umm... Bevin????..... Sandy had a huge crush on him..... and they lived in 4th ward.....)

*Dancing to music in Stacy's kitchen
*Singing the song that Tara Thompson wrote in the 2nd ward talent show "Free"

*Tipping the canoe with Matt and Amanda at Lake Solano

*the Funniest thing I remember (right now anyway) was a party we had my house, and it was one of those, "Do you love your neighbor"type games... there was one chair left and Matt and Scott were both racing for it. I think Matt got there first and Scott jumped and sat on his lap... then the chair crumpled to the floor! It was Hilarious and my mom was a really good sport about the incident! I hated those chairs anyway, so I didn't care!

Stacy I completely agree with your observation.... we did have a really good, strong youth group. We were SOOO lucky! We had a great seminary program and because our boundaries had been re-arranged several times in several years, we all knew each other better than most kids from neighboring wards knew each other. I see the Youth Group Situation that my kids are facing here and it's NOT even remotely as good as what we had... it makes me a little sad for them....

No comments: