Great Books!

  • The Pilot's Wife
  • The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
  • The Deep End of the Ocean
  • Like Water For Chocolate
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
  • Wicked
  • Brave New World
  • Fahrenheit 451

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Memory Lane

I've been thinking about some of the great times we all had in our teens. The time that Christy and I made dinner for the Bishop and his wife and we wanted them to have a romantic time.

Or the time I was on a group date with Christy, Scott, Matt, and me and while laying on Christy's living room floor, someone farted (I think it was me, actually) and we all busted up laughing!

Or the time I think I flashed by boobs, thankfully in a bra, when we were doing a photo scavenger hunt. At least at that time, I was thin, even though I thought I was fat.

Or the time I set up a romantic rendezvous with Lisa Davidson and Edwin so they could dance in my bedroom to a Chicago mixed tape I made. I used Chicago music because Edwin had had me listen to them while he told me all about the trumpet and the brass instruments used in the music.

Or the time when Edwin dated Christy (Edwin got around!) and the song, Kokomo was popular and I sang to Christy that she and Edwin would "get there fast and then take it slow," meaning the stake dance.

I remember what strong LDS teens we were and how faithful we were. We had tons of fun and it was all chaste and innocent, like singing broadway tunes around my piano.

Feel free to add your memories, too!

No comments: