Great Books!

  • The Pilot's Wife
  • The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
  • The Deep End of the Ocean
  • Like Water For Chocolate
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
  • Wicked
  • Brave New World
  • Fahrenheit 451

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down

Today I had to lay down the law in my afternoon massage class. I teach the afternoon and evening massage therapy classes. Anyway, I have some students who although technically are adults, their maturity is so high school and they have been giving me major attitude problems for a few weeks.

So today I went in there and made a seating chart and told them that they are preventing me from doing my job. I made them sign a list of policies and procedures. I hate having to be so strict but the students were out of control.

I have been going through a minor depression with all our rainy weather lately. I actually love the rain and cold weather because I know it'll get to be the hot summer all too quickly for my liking. So I increased my antidepressants and hopefully should be feeling more "normal" in a week or so.

I'll upload some pictures soon. I'm finally dying my hair. I know some of you ladies have been doing this already, but I always loved my natural color. But once I hit my 30's it was getting much darker and I missed the golden auburn color.

I'll email you ladies again and let you know about the blog.

4 comments:

April said...

Stacy! I need you! My little one, Kali, said to me last night, "you wanna run, mama?" Sure! So I held her hand and ran with her across the parking lot, in heels. She started to fall, I caught her, but it threw me off balance, I almost stepped on her, but saved us both.... but tweaked my trap and now can't turn my head! My little massager machine is just not the same! I'd love to see your hair. I'm supposed to be blogging with my sister in laws... one of these days I'll figure it out and add my page as a link. I think it is great stuff. Right now we're just in a crunch financially and so i have to go back to work fulltime. i'm looking forward to practicing again, but not necessarily working ; ) take care!
love,
April

Christy said...

I just tried a new hair color - "reddish blonde" and I love it! I started dying my hair when it darnkened and no longer looked the same as it did in High School. My true color right now is that dirty dishwater color between blonde and brown, but not either one. I hate it! Plus, I'm getting more and more gray hair, so another great reason to keep it going!

Stacy said...

Well one advantage to being a natural redhead or auburn head is that the red pigment holds its color the longest. Ergo, Christy, I don't have any grays! My husband has tons, though and he's younger than me.

Stacy said...

April, ouch! I'd have my students work on you if you were here. Try finding a local massage school and ask if they have a clinic open to the public. You can usually get a massage for about $25 because it's done by the students.
I hope you can arrange to come to the Women's Conference.